4.01.2014

BEAUTIFY: Plastic bag! Plastic bag!


I was originally trying out the technique I read about here, but I was either too impatient or not applying the polish thick enough on the baggie to be able to peel it off!  So instead, I just cut the bag into shapes I liked and stuck them on my nails, polish side down.  (I already had a base coat applied which helped them stick better.)  After applying all the shapes I wanted, I swiped some top coat over them.  Once dry, I took my fine point black permanent marker and drew the accent lines and dots.  The top coat kind of smudged the ink, but I found if I was able to only go over an area once it helped prevent this.  The designs reminded me of Joan Miro art, but my husband said it reminded him of Saved By the Bell...


Wah wah.

Making up pretty new nail art is a nice distraction from the news...  I'm still weirded out by all that's been going on around town with the APD protests this past week.  It's so strange to see cops in riot gear right in my own backyard.  This city is still pretty new to me, and though it has its faults (um, worst drivers EVER!), I love more and more about it every day.  The people here seem so much more involved in their community than any other place I've lived.  It's awesome.  I can't wait to explore more and get involved with things myself!

0 comments:

Post a Comment